Glam Header

Ad

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Homemade Honey and Vanilla Sugar Scrub


Hello Lovelies,


We all know that sugar isn't good for our healthy, however it is very good for our skin, this is why department stores and spas charge outrageous prices for a scrub that realistically cost pennies to make.  Homemade sugar scrubs are an incredible beauty product, they are great for exfoliation and can be incredibly moisturising and gentle on your skin unlike some scrubs that you can buy on the high street which tend to do the job of exfoliating but then leave my skin all dry.  So I now save my pennies and make my own super moisturising scrub, that can be used on both my face and body.  


The Basic Recipe:

Use 2 parts sugar (regular white or brown, I use brown as it is less coarse so therefore not as abrasive) to 1 part oil (almond, olive or coconut are fab), add 1/2 teaspoon of Vitiman E oil or the gel from three capsules, then any other optional ingredients. 

I personally like to first mix my sugar, oil and Vitamin E so I have a good base then start playing with the extras.  This scrub is for my Auntie so I wanted to play it a little safe as I'm not sure what scents she likes to use on her skin, so I opted for 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 2 of honey, honey is fabulous for your skin thanks to its antibacterial properties and hefty serving of skin saving antioxidants, so it was perfect for a sugar scrub.  You can use so many different scents, two of my favourites are lemon (fab for the kitchen) and lavender for a relaxing facial scrub.  The world is basically your oyster so get playing.   



These scrubs last on the counter for up to two months and smell good enough to eat... well they are but don't...  remember sugar isn't good for you!


These are also fab as Christmas prezzies, just add a ribbon and a scoop and there you have a lovely prezzie and a pinch.



Will anyone else be making their own sugar scrub?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This sounds lovely Ive made one before but not like this one. Thanks for this post may have a go

    Carrieanne x

    Beautiesunlocked
    blogluvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good DIY post! This scrub sounds amazing, definitely perfect for a gift like you said :)


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good idea. I have been using sugar scrubs, but it would be great to make a batch of it and keep it around. Plus it's amazing decor!

    ReplyDelete

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig