Glam Header

Ad

Sunday 30 March 2014

Super Spinach Pesto || Recipe


Hello Lovelies,


I am a massive pesto fan, and although I love knocking up some classic basil pesto, I do like to experiment.  So this trusty little recipe is for spinach pesto, now don't run away in disgust, it is super scrumptious and nice and healthy, the best of both worlds.

Ingredients:

1   cup of soaked cashews (1 hour)
2   large handfuls of spinach
2   cloves of garlic
1   glug of good olive oil
1/2 a cup of fresh parmesan 
1/2 a lemon squeezed   


This is seriously easy to do and can be used in so many ways, I love it in sandwiches but it is also fab with pasta or on a pizza.

After soaking you cashews for an hour in water throw them in a food processor and give them a good blitz.  I like my pesto slightly coarse so I don't blend the cashews to a paste.



Next you want to throw your spinach in and get blitzing, until it turns lovely and green. 


After you have blitzed the spinach and cashews you want to add your parmesan, lemon and garlic.  Give it another quick whiz then put it in a mason jar.




 To keep your pesto nice and fresh flatten your pesto with a spoon then grab your olive oil and pour a layer over the top, close it up then find a place for it in your fridge.

Bon Appétit!



Are you a Pesto fan too?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oooh looks lovely! I didn't know it was so easy to make! :)

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig