Glam Header

Ad

Monday 15 September 2014

The Perfect Iced Coffee For An Indian Summer


Hello Lovelies,


I have to admit to not really being a massive coffee fan, I don't need an espresso to wake me up in the morning, and don't have set coffee times during the day.  Although I'm not a coffee fiend I love a good iced coffee, especially If I'm lagging mid morning and have a busy day ahead of my.

This is the perfect drink for our supposed Indian Summer, if our Autumn is going to be warm then we are going to want to ditch the Starbucks PSL and grab the closest Iced Coffee we can get our little mitts on.  Although I do love the chance to grab an iced coffee, I don't like the price, actually I hate it, £2:50 makes my eyes water.  So making my own is a must!



Ingredients: 12-14 Servings 

1/2 lb Ground Coffee

8   Cups Boiling Water
8   Cups Ice Cold Water
1/2 Can of Condensed Milk
1   Cup of Milk



This recipe (if you can call it that) is great, you can make it in big batches or just scale it down to a mug for a naughty treat.  The first thing you want to do is put your coffee in a cafetiere, depending on the size of it you may need to do it in batches.  After you have strained your coffee you want to leave it to cool.  


After you have cooled your coffee, you want to fill your mug or jug of choice with ice then pour your coffee over the top (Tip: to stop your coffee from diluting fill an ice tray with coffee instead).  


Next comes the naughty bit, the milk & condensed milk.  If your making a jug full for friends then use half a tin of condensed milk (you need to give it a good stir) with a top up of milk depending on how strong you like your coffee.  If you just want a cheeky treat all to yourself then add a spoonful of condensed mill to your mug and top up with milk.  


It might not be the prettiest of Iced Coffees but it is definitely the tastiest, you will definitely need to exert some self control!


Hope everyone is having a lovely warm Autumn.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig