Glam Header

Ad

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Quesadilla with an Italian Twist


Hello Lovelies,


I am one of those people that always knows what I am eating for supper but lunch is a different matter, I find it really tricky to decide what I am going to eat, I want something filling but healthy, yummy but that's going to make me feel good (no post lunch guilt), the humble quesadilla is one of my all time faves.  Quesadillas originated in Mexico and were a corn tortilla filled with Oaxaca cheese, mine is quite far from the traditional form but it is extremely yummy.


I grab myself either a corn or wheat tortilla (basically whatever is in the larder) then some marzano tomatoes, (however any small tomatoes are fine) a few basil leaves and your cheese of choice, I can't have cows products so I tend to use a hard goats cheese.


Mine has a bit of an Italian twist as in my mind there is nothing better than tomato and basil, it is a match made in heaven.

So to make this scrummy lunch you need to grab your tortilla fold it in half and stuff it with your ingredients of choice, once you are happy pop it into a heated frying pan and wait for it to go golden then flip it over to cook the other side.     



Once it is lovely and golden take it out of the pan and cut into three for easy eating.  I love mine with a big handful of spinach, (my favourite salad leaf by miles) this and homemade soups are my go to lunch.


Does anyone else have problems deciding what to eat? 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I could really go for this right about now! Always like your recipe posts :)
    http://lardygrub.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is really lovely to hear. X

      Delete
  2. it looks so delicious!

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so delicious!! now i really wanna try this when i get time...

    http://jenniferann17.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look so yummy and healthy :) I think when I get shopping next these ingredients might be on my list :)

    Katie xx | Katies World

    ReplyDelete

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig