Glam Header

Ad

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Weekend Exploring in Dorset


Hello Lovelies,

I was a bit of a snap happy Sophie last weekend so just a little sorry in advance for the mass of pictures.


Last weekend we went on a little family vaycay, my Father, Aunt, Uncle, two cousins their spouses and their gorgeous children all decamped to Dorset.  The only place we would ever stay in that neck of the woods is Scoles Manor, it is a lovely barn conversion just outside of Corfe that sits in the middle of green fields and has the most amazing view out towards Corfe castle.  We stayed there regularly in the 90's when I was little with family friends.  We would spend ages looking for a tunnel to Corfe castle that our parents insisted existed (hours of entertainment!)       

Hello 90's Kids!

After years of visiting we all grew up and stopped going, but last weekend my family and I went on a lovely mass family trip, which I have to say was one of my favourite weekends away in a longtime.
  

We all rocked up with shed-loads of scrummy food, bags of clothes, wellies and coats, all ready for a weekend of fun.  We stayed in The Dairy and The Great Barn which were lovely bases for our exploring in and around Corfe. 


On Saturday we went to Kimmeridge Bay for a bit of fossil hunting, it is somewhere I used to go when I was little so it was lovely to go with my cousins children, they are such cuties and the perfect little fossil hunters even is some just wanted to paddle. 




After fossil hunting we went to the The Square and Compass a gorgeous little pub on the jurassic coast, it was covered in lovely pumpkins of different colours and sizes.  We drank freshly squeezed apple juice and yummy peppery pasties. 
  


After our lunch stop we drove to Studland beach a gorgeous sandy National Trust beach that I visited a lot as a child, we took our dog and all the kiddies and just ran around, built sand castles and played with the dog in the water  


Studland Bay



The next morning the children were given a can of feed for the ducks, (something I remember doing as a child) so I got in on the action and went with them as they let them out and fed them.





After the adults had enjoyed a latte (someone bought their Nespresso with them!!!!) the majority of us went on a walk to stretch our legs.  Gus our Labrador was rather fond of his new surroundings and all the little people (children) that wanted to play with him, so a good weekend was had by all, even the dog!




Pumpkins we didn't have time to carve (family tradition)

I can't recommend this place enough, beautiful accommodation, surroundings and lots to do especially for children.  If you are looking for a little break in the area then pop over and have a look (here)I promise you you wont regret it.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. As a Dorset-girl myself, I love this part of the world. We love to camp at a site not very far from where you stayed - so beautiful! It sounds like you had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a complete country bumpkin and grew up in Hampshire, but I do love Dorset. x

      Delete
  2. Really nice pictures, looks like you had a great time!!!

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw it looks like you had a great time! Gorgeous scenery (and i must say - the little girls daisy all in one is very cute)!

    ReplyDelete

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig