Glam Header

Ad

Friday 15 November 2013

The Humble Peanut Butter Cookie



Hello Lovelies,


I was getting serious baking withdrawal as I haven't baked since I received my food plan from my nutritionist which was three weeks ago, but as it has a strict NO SUGAR rule I won't be enjoying these peanut bites of goodness, they will be popped in the biscuit tin for others to eat.  That aside these really are my favourite peanut butter cookies so I thought I would share this little gem of a recipe with you.

I wasn't very snap happy when baking these, but I am sure you won't have any difficulty as it is a one bowl recipe  you just shove it all in.

Ingredients

1/2    cup granulated sugar
1/2    cup of packed brown sugar
1/2    cup of peanut butter
1/2    cup of butter
1      egg
1 1/4  plain flour
3/4    teaspoon baking soda
1/2    teaspoon baking powder
1/4    teaspoon salt


First mix your sugars, peanut butter (best to use natural peanut butter), butter and egg in a large bowl, then stir in the dry ingredients (add a pinch of cinnamon for a cheeky twist).  Once it is all mixed, cover your bowl with cling film then put in the fridge for around two hours or until firm.

Heat your oven to 190 C, then shape the dough into 1 1/4 inch balls, then place on a silicone sheet 3 inches apart.  Once they are placed on the street flatten in a crisscross pattern with a fork dipped in sugar.

Then bake 9-10 mins or until light golden brown, when they are out of the oven cool for 5 mins on the baking sheet then remove and place on a wire rack to continue to cool.


These cookies come in at 110 calories each so they are definitely a naughty now and then treat, but one that is seriously worth it, especially if you are a peanut butter fan.



What is your naughty treat of choice?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig