Glam Header

Ad

Thursday 30 January 2014

Mint and Eucalyptus Whipped Body Butter



Hello Lovelies,


I'm a complete sucker for anything that makes my skin silky smooth, so when I was told about this body butter I knew I just had to whip some up for myself.  It so easy peasy to do and is great fun, it made me feel a bit like a (mad) scientist!  The hardest part of this DIY is the waiting for it to harden, patience isn't my strong suit.  So without further ado I shall let you know what you need for this DIY:

1/2 cup coconut oil

6 tablespoons shea butter

6 tablespoons cocoa butter

1 tablespoon carrier oil

1 1/2 teaspoons castor oil

10 drops eucalyptus essential oil

4 drops peppermint essential oil





In a bain marie over a low heat warm the coconut oil, shea butter and cocoa butter until softened/melted.  



Next add in your carrier oil, castor oil, eucalyptus and peppermint  essential oil.  Stir them together then place the bowl in the fridge until the oils are soft and thick.  It can take several hours depending on your fridge.





Once your oils are taken out get your electric hand whisk and get cracking.  You want to whisk it until you have a thick whipped cream consistency then start popping it into jars.  I managed to fill two small blue jars and one small mason jar (so a lot of product).  The body butter itself is a soft whipped slightly oily butter that has fabulous moisturising qualities, that has seriously sorted out my dry skin.  The recipe also produces a considerable amount of product, so you can keep a pot for yourself and give some away as prezzies.  



Do you like to try out DIY beauty products? 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Looks amazing!!! Where did you get your shea and coconut butter from? I've been trying to find it everywhere :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a huge tub of shea butter from Amazon. And I THINK you can get cocoa butter from a health food store... I may be wrong about that though. I bet Amazon has that too. It's where I get all my ingredients for homemade beauty items (like essential oils and whatnot). Hope that helps :)

      Delete
    2. Daisy has pipped me to the post, all my stuff was from Amazon as well. Xxx

      Delete

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig