Glam Header

Ad

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Galaxy Nails || Guest Post


Hello Lovelies,

Today I have a guest post for you all from my lovely school friend Hattie who is a nail painting extraordinaire.  I can paint my nails one colour pretty well but nail art just isn't my thing, however this lovely lady knows her stuff.  So I sent her a message on the good old Facey B asking her if she could possibly write a snazzy nail art post, and that she did!  

During a quite period in the office today I had a look through my emails and realised she had already sent it over (a seriously speedy lady) so here it is, some beautiful Galaxy nails, I may just have to give it a try myself!!! 


Galaxy nail tutorial:

1. So first I painted my nails with a dark purple, but any dark colours that resemble the night sky will do. I used’ Revlon Parfumerie- Wild violets’. This is their scented range so leaves your nails smelling super tasty!


2. Next I used a sponge and dipped it in yellow polish. The yellow I used was ‘Seventeen, Quicker, Slicker, Colour- Lemon Tart.’ You need to make sure you dab the sponge onto a tissue/cotton pad before applying it to the nail so you get a very faded sponge affect line down your nail. This yellow is the base for the galaxy effect, every other colour will go around this yellow.


3. Dip the sponge into an orange polish. The orange I used was ’17 Lasting Fix- Orange Soda.’  When you apply this colour again dab off any excess polish and dab the colour either side of the yellow line.
4. Repeat this with red and dark blue. I used ‘Rimmel, Lasting Finish 030 Double Decker Red.’ Place the red over the orange again dabbing off excess polish. Apply the blue over all the colours including the yellow, making sure again you dab off any excess polish as you want the other colours to show through.


5. For the stars you need a dotting tool. You can get these from good nail brands online, or copy me and get a set of them on ebay! I bought a pack of brushes and dotting tools from ebay for about £4!! BARGAIN! You need to dip the tool into a white/baby pink. I used ‘Topshop Nail Polish- 201 Milkshake.’ When dabbing the dots on you need to spread the out and less is definitely more. With some of them I crossed though them/flicked them off slightly to the side to resemble shooting stars.


6. Finally you need to apply a glitter top coat. Any glitter nail polish will do. I used ‘Sinful Colours- 831 Hottie.’


There you have it a lovely set of Galaxy nails. Follow me on Instagram for more nail designs.
@hattiesnails.



Hope you have all enjoyed Hattie's post and give it a try.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow they are amazing, wish I could do nails just as well!

    www.skinandroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to try these out! They look awesome x

    http://simplybeautythings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig