Glam Header

Ad

Thursday 17 April 2014

My Childhood In a Candle || Jo Malone Green Tomato Leaf


Hello Lovelies,



I have to be completely honest when I first heard about this candle I was rather skeptical, however the more I heard people rant and rave about it the more I wanted to try it.

I am a Jo Malone girl through and through, I don't think I go a day without spritzing my favourite scent or burning a candle!  So after much deliberation it magically landed on my doorstep.

After marveling at the packaging (you know how I love good packaging) I opened it up to get a good sniff, to my great relief it didn't smell like the plum tomatoes I cover my salad in, instead it was like a throwback to my childhood.

My father was/is an avid vegetable grower and as a child our green house was always full of tomato plants.  That lovely smell wherever it is reminds me of those carefree long Summer days.  Jo Malone's Green Tomato Leaf doesn't disappoint my senses, it perfectly captures that light, fresh, leafy smell that reminds me of Summer.    

   
"Glasshouse tomatoes.  Earthy, leafy and full of sunshine.  Crisp with stem-green galbanum.  Lively with artemesia, fruity with cassis, resting on a cushion of moss.  Tangy and evocative."



This is probably the freshest candle I own, it is very uplifting and perfect for burning while you eat to add a little ambiance as well as get rid of those kitchen smells.

If you aren't green fingered and haven't grown tomatoes then the closest scent I think you can compare it to is the smell of a botanical garden, it's like wandering through Kew Gardens on a warm day.  This is my new love (forget men!) and something that I will be burning when the sun is shines.


Jo Malone Green Tomato Leaf Candle £39.00 via Jo Malone - link
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig