Glam Header

Ad

Thursday 22 May 2014

Blueberry Cream Ice Lollies || Recipie


Hello Lovelies,


I love Pinterest & Instagram, and as the Summer draws ever closer they become awash with pretty pictures of Summer treats.  All these pictures massively fuel my obsession with making homemade ice lollies!  As I try and stay away from all processed foods, shop bought ice lollies and ice creams don't live in my freezer, however that doesn't mean that on a hot sunny day I don't feel like one.  

As we have had a little surprise heatwave, I thought I would get creating and make some Summer treats to beat the heat.          



These yummy 'Blueberry Cream Lollies' are made of goats yogurt and homemade blueberry compote.  

For the compote you will need:


Ingredients:


280g frozen blueberries


45ml water


50g  granulated sugar 


10ml lemon juice


Combine 140g of blueberries, water, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan.  Cook over a medium heat for 10 mins.  Add the remaining blueberries and cook for 8 mins more, stir frequently.


Once cooled add some of the compote to some natural yogurt (how much you use is personal preference) and give it a good mix.  Then decant into lolly molds and add the sticks.  I use the Tovolo Yellow Groovy Moulds as they are BPA free and look a little retro.     


Freeze them overnight then enjoy them while you relax in the Sun the next day.  



Do you ever make your own ice lollies?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I used to make ice lollies when I was a kid. It's been a while, I think I should try your recipe :)

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give them a try, they are really yummy. Xx

      Delete
  2. These look really great, not too "icy". Very successful! #fridayfoodie http://www.pinterest.com/kate29thompson/

    ReplyDelete

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig