Glam Header

Ad

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Zesty Watermelon Mojito


Hello Lovelies,




When it comes to the world of cocktails I am a bit of a one trick pony, but I have to say, my one trick is pretty darn tasty!  

So Ladies and Gents let me introduce you  to the Watermelon Mojito a sweet zesty dream, that is the perfect "Sundowner" and a sure cure to those Melon-choly days!




Ingredients:

1/2 seedless watermelon cut into chunks
1 bunch of mint, 6 sprigs reserved for serving
1 lime, cut into wedges
1 tsp of your sugar of choice
1/1/4 cups of your favourite white rum
(1/2 cup of lime cordial for a virgin Mojito)





Directions:


  • If you own a juicer then chuck in your melon and reap the sweet rewards.  If you don't then throw your watermelon chunks in a blender, blitz to your hearts content then pour through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing down with a wooden spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.
  • In a large container (or pestle and mortar) combine your mint, sugar and the juice of half a lime.  With the back of a wooden spoon, crush the mint and lime and until the sugar is dissolved.
  • Add your watermelon juice and rum (switch the rum for cordial if you want a Nojito) and give it all a good stir to combine.
  •  Pour into an ice filled jug, throw in some sprigs of mint, wedges of lime and some strawberries to garnish!



Now all there is to say is Cheers, Salute, Santé!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This looks so yummy! I love watermelon so I cannot wait to try this out! Thanks for sharing!
    xx
    Kenzie
    Behindhazeleyes06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl after my own heart, I love watermelon! xx

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious! Mojitos are definitely my beverage of choice, and I can't wait to try out this variation! Sure to be a new favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a good Mojito, definitely my go to drink. xx

      Delete

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig