Glam Header

Ad

Sunday 28 July 2013

DIY Floral Crown

Hello Lovelies,


I love floral crowns and wanted one for a party I am going, but gosh they are expensive in the shops, so instead of shelling out I got my DIY on, grabbed the glue gun and set to work.  For this little project you will need:

  • fake flowers (mine were from Hobbycraft)
  • floral wire
  • floral tape
  • a glue gun
  • and spare glue
  • sharp scissors 



The first thing to do is plait your wire so you have enough to wrap around your head, my wire came in lengths so I had to use two and tape it twice.




Once the wire is all ready in your little halo, you need to get cracking with the flowers, start with your small flowers that you are going to cover the majority of the crown with you need to snip them of the main stalk then pull of the silk flower part so there is no plastic left, then start sticking around the wire crown.



After you have added your small flowers start adding the larger ones place them around your crown until you are happy with your floral creation.





To finish it all off and make it nice and neat I like to snip off the leaves from one of the plants and line the crown, it makes it look pretty on the inside and you can also see a slight hint of green from the outside.




Hair up or hair down I love the finished
product. 




Summer Floral Makeup 

  1. Estee Lauder Pure Color Five Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Bronze Dunes (£36.00) I love the browns and bronze in this palette they are perfect for a subtle eye.
  2. Maybelline Volum-Express Mega Plush Mascara (£7.99), fab for full soft lashes.
  3. benefit high beam (£19.50) I love this as an all purpose highlighter. 
  4. Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush in Bashful Blush (£21.00) is a lovely rosey blush.
  5. benefit Dallas (£23.50) the perfect mixture of a blush and bronzer, I love using this on my cheeks.
  6. Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Daily All-In-One B.B Cream in medium (£7.49) is perfect for the summer, it gives a little coverage but lets all my freckles show through. 
  7. Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in number 5 (£38.00) I love this as an all over bronzer, it is light and give your skin a lovely sun kissed glow.
  8. Clinique Continuous Coverage Foundation in Creamy Glow (£22.00) it is my favourite concealer and I have used it for years.
  9. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Sorbet (£7.99), I love Revlon Lip Butters and this one was perfect to give my lips a pop of moisturising colour.  

post signature
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is so pretty - I'm trying to make my own wedding bouquet too - not easy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine, bet it will look wonderful . X

      Delete

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig