Glam Header

Ad

Sunday 23 March 2014

A Little Walk Around the Hotel || Sofitel The Palm Dubai



Hello Lovelies,

My mummy loves the sun, so when she suggested a little winter break in Dubai I jumped at the chance.  Although I love winter and every year ooh and aah at all the boots and snugly cashmere jumpers in the shops I get to March and start yearning for sandals and pretty floral dresses.  So I was delighted to be able to start my summer shopping early.  I started with a shopping spree on ASOS picking up a couple of bikinis and a few dresses before heading to Topshop before yes you've guessed it, more bikinis!!!

After reigning in my spending I packed my suitcase, throwing in every Summer dress and bikini I could find and jumped on a plane to Dubai, ok well I might have stopped at Duty Free, and purchased a sneaky MAC lipstick and a pair of Fendi sunnies!!!

After a rather sleepless overnight flight we arrived in Dubai and were driven to the hotel.  We checked in then scampered upstairs to our room, pulled on our swimwear and headed in search of the sun.

For the first two days the shutterbug in me has been to occupied with soaking up the rays, so my lovely camera has lain all forlorn in the hotel safe.  However my mojo has returned and I have got snapping, so here is a little Hotel tour to get you started.   


Sofitel Dubai The Palm is a French Polynesian hotel, so I got to use a bit of that GCSE French.  I have to admit that the main lobby and downstairs corridors were my favourite part of the hotel they kind of outdid the outside.


As lobby's go the two story marble one at The Sofitel was pretty spectacular.  They had a big wooden table right in the middle, that had beautiful floral displays on, although the flowers were super pretty the table full of scrummy nuts and dried fruits, may have just peaked my interest a little more! 





All the walls of the corridors on the ground floor were covered in plants so it was like walking through a jungle, a massive difference to the desert outside.  

The busy bees that worked there spent hours everyday watering the little pots on the wall that held each draping plant.



Update: The wifi was horrific (I think due to large business meetings), so these posts are going up quite a few days after being written. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This hotel looks amazing! :)

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig