Glam Header

Ad

Tuesday 15 July 2014

DIY Berry Ice Tea || Teapigs Super Fruit


Hello Lovelies,


I am a massive Teapigs Tea fan, and drink their peppermint tea every morning with my porridge, but last month I found another tea to add to my favourites list.

It all started when I met a friend for brunch, we walked to our favourite spot, then ummed and arred about what to order.  She ended up ordering her morning cappuccino, I however was melting under the sun and needed something to cool me down.  After scanning the chalk board I decided to try the berry iced tea.

In that minute I fell in love so after we had finished nattering I hopped on over to my favourite health food shop in search of some berry tea.  Ten minutes later I left with a box of Teapigs Super Fruit Tea, ready to concoct my berry Iced tea.   


What is in it?

Hibiscus, elderberry, blackcurrant, raisin, natural flavours, ligonberry, blueberry

nutritional content [per 100ml]
energy [kcalories]3 calories
sugarnil
fatnil
carbohydratetrace
  • Dairy free
  • Gluten free
  • Suitable for vegetarians & vegans


To make berry Iced tea for four you will need:

5 teabags, one per person and one for the pot (as Grandma would say!)


1 tsp of stevia or 1 cup of fresh apple juice


2 handfuls of ice


1 handful of frozen raspberries/strawberries


1 handful of fresh blueberries 



The first thing you want to do is boil your kettle, once your water has boiled pour it into a large pyrex jug and add your teabags.  You then want to leave the tea to steep and the water to cool, so go and busy yourself.


You can leave your teabags in for as long as you like, I normally leave them in until I'm ready to drink, but the choice is yours.


Once your water is cool, fish out your teabags then add your sweetner, I personally prefer a cup of fresh apple juice, but the fridge was bare so stevia it was. 


You then want to chuck in your ice and fruit, the fruit is purely decorative, but I love making things Pinterest worthy!


You will never grab yourself a Liptons Iced tea ever again, I promise!



What is your Summer refreshment of choice?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© All Sophie Loves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig